I was lucky enough to be able to attend FOSDEM 2010. It was my 3rd FOSDEM and I had a blast. I was able to catch a few good talks outside the Mozilla DevRoom, including one of the keynotes. Inside the Mozilla DevRoom, we had a lot of interesting talks from lots of different people and projects. Thanks to everyone who made FOSDEM such a great experience!
I was part of a talk on Firefox Mobile (Fennec). We had about 75 minutes for the talk, so I successfully recruited Vivien Nicolas and Fabrice Desré (two other mobile developers) to help with the presentation. We tried to cover many different topics during the presentation:
- The thought process for porting to a platform
- How porting affects the Mozilla platform
- Designing a touch-friendly UI
- How you can use add-ons to extend the mobile browsing experience
- Tips and tricks for great mobile UIs and fast code
- The roadmap for Firefox Mobile -> 1.1 and 2.0
I am planning a few more blog posts to discuss the Firefox Mobile roadmap soon.